Friday, August 25, 2006

French Administration Vs. Erik, 1- 0

People had told me before I came here that the French administration loves pictures of the people it processes. I thought I would be a smart kid and bring lots of pictures with me here to France so I printed out 30 pictures of myself on a sheet. No good. When I showed them today they were appearantly twice the size that they should be. Well, at least I got lots of pictures to give to my friends.

Right now I'm just waiting for school to begin on monday so I can begin meeting new people.

I looked through a guide to Grenoble and it seems to be quite a few nice night clubs, or boites, including ones that play house. Sweeeeeet...

This Sunday I will recieve Sara from Linköping and KTH (it's a long story) at the train station. There seems to be a TGV going directly to Grenoble (I just couldn't find it myself) and she'll arive with one in the evening. She doesn't have a place to stay the until the first of september so she'll stay with me for a couple of days.

This is a Smirnoff commercial but if you swing that way, it's quite funny.

Vocab fab: tuyeuteur - euse, someone who gives tips (e.g. to the police)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erik, ca va? Really nice to read some stuff about France from you after I left this awesome piece of land :-) Sounds phantastic and some things quite remind me of my time in Montpellier (weekend d'integration and french people drinking in swimming pools). Speaking of awesome places: if you visit steffiinnewyork.blogger.de, you can find out about my time in NY (and learn a bit german, sorry, I somehow didn't think of translating it...). I'm back home in Germany now for my last year of uni... Enjoy your time in Grenoble! Many greetz from Bamberg, Steffi