Friday, October 06, 2006

WEI not?

Spent a nice Weekend d'Integration with my school somewhere southwest of Grenoble called Ardeche. It might have been here. It's a bit embarassing but I'm not too sure exactly where we were. Anyway, there were canoeing in more-rapid-than-calm waters (quite cool for a beginner like me). I've no pictures of that I'm sad to say. Would have been good to have a shell for the camera now... There were also quite a lot of partying and dancing and people from the second and last year who threw up our furniture on the roofs of our mobile homes/bungalows. The WEI seems to be an important tradition in my school and quite a lof of people went there from all three "years" and even some alumnis.

School's been kinda slow this week since the third year don't have any classes since they're presenting internships they've done, but all of a sudden someone tells me I need to hand in stuff next wednesday. I still don't know what I need to do exactly. Ah, well. I'll be allright.

Louis XIV really knows how to get you in a party mode!

Yesterday (Thursday) was spent i Lyon. A partnership organisation for the Grandes Écoles in the Rhône-Alps region (AGERA) gaves us, the foreign students a free bus ride to Lyon, a guided tour of the old town including a traditional silk and velvet weaving mill (sidenväveri). I think you would have liked that Lisbet. The velvet with gold threads was a €500/m. and the silk was a €1000... In the 1500-1600s about 20% or 30 000 of Lyon's population worked with it.

I guess the goal of the day was to integrate students from different areas. It didn't work to well I must say. We didn't have to much time to integrate. Lyon was cool anyway and I think I'll return.

Und jetzt c'est le week-end!

No comments: